After the long period of social distancing, we are more than delighted to have an opportunity to invite you to meet in person on 3.-4.11.2021. We organize a Climate University network meeting prior to Unifi sustainability seminar in Jyväskylä. The meeting is aimed for Climate University coordinators at higher education institutions (new and old), teachers teaching or interested to teach Climate University courses, and those who want to get to know better the Climate University network or see each other after long time. We will welcome new Climate University network members and discuss what do the new HEI cross-study agreements mean in practice. We will introduce the Climate University courses and workshop the network and course practices for future collaboration.
14:00 Welcome to Climate University
- Welcome to new partners
- Introduction to current activities and collaborations
- Workshop on network practices
15:30 Coffee break
16:00-17:30 Program continues
- Workshop on course practices for teachers
- Next steps
9:00 Morning coffee and opening words
9:15-11:00 Division to course groups
- Circular.now /Kiertotalous.nyt
- Climate.now /Ilmasto.nyt /Klimat.nu
- ClimateComms.now /Ilmastoviestintä.nyt
- Leadership for sustainable change
- Lukiolaisen Ilmasto.nyt
- Statistical tools for climate and atmospheric science
- Sustainable.now /Kestävyys.nyt
12:15 Unifi seminar starts
Please register here by 15.10.:
The meeting is organized at the Museum of Central Finland, Alvar Aallon katu 7, 40600 Jyväskylä (https://www.jyvaskyla.fi/keskisuomenmuseo).
There are several hotels in Jyväskylä. From hotel Alba you can reserve a room with code KEVA2021. The prices are:
- 95,00e /day / 1 p economy; 100,00e /day / 1 p standard; 112,00e / day / 1 p superior
- 122,00e / day / 2 p standard; 155,00e / day / JrSuite for one with sauna; 175,00e /day / JrSuite for two with sauna.
The prices include buffet breakfast, wi-fi, parking and sauna during customer hours. Reservations online https://www.hotellialba.fi/ or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +35814636311. Free cancellation until 16:00 the arrival date. Rooms can be paid at the hotel or by invoice.
The meeting is free of cost. Lunch, dinner, hotel or travel are not provided.
Laura Riuttanen, email@example.com, +358 50 415 4746