Our doctoral candidate Karoliina Hurri was selected to participate in the Al Gore’s climate leadership training, which is organised from 2nd to 4th of August in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Training includes five key themes about just transition to clean energy which are discussed in workshops and panel discussions. At Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings, individuals spend three days working with former Vice President Al Gore and world-renowned scientists and communicators learning about the climate crisis and its solutions. The training objective is to gain the skills, knowledge, and network to shape public opinion, influence policy, and inspire your community to act at this critical time.
The themes are:
1. Wetter, Warmer, and More Humid – A Changing Midwestern Climate
2. Agriculture and Climate – The Problem and the Solution
3. Homegrown Climate Solutions Powering the Midwestern Clean Energy Economy
4. Realizing Climate Justice in Historically Marginalized Communities
5. Climate Leadership from the Bottom Up
More details can be found on project’s page.