Digitized political legal deposit materials received from the The Komi National Library are now set at Fenno-Ugrica portal. 97 monographs in Komi-Zyrian language written in Molodtsov alphabet have been loaded on the Special collection of Fenno-Ugrica called “Komi National Library”. Continue reading
Last year, we released a plenty of monographs in Komi languages in our online collection, Fenno-Ugrica. In addition to the monographs, we also are publishing newspapers in both, Komi-Permyak and Komi-Zyrian. All in all, there will be 23 titles and around 40 000 pages of Komi newspapers in our collection by the end of June 2015.
The first Mari language grammar book (Sochineniya) was published in Saint-Petersburg in 1775. There is no noted author straight in the book but some researchers suppose that the metropolitan Veniamin Putsek-Grigorovich who was a missionary in the region of Kazan and studied local minority nations at least partly took part in the creation of this book.
The grammar book is the monument of the written Mari and Mari language literature. At the times of 1770, the Mari people were called with Russian language name Cheremis. Mari language has two variants Hill and Meadow Mari each of them could be divided into two other dialects Eastern and North-Western.