On 18 October 2019, the Saint Petersburg State University in collaboration with the Polish Research Center for Chinese Law and Economy, the Finnish Center of Chinese Law and Chinese Legal Culture, and Sino-Russian Legal Research Center of Jilin University will hold an International Conference on ‘Methodology of researching and teaching Chinese law.’
Time: Friday 18 October 2019, 10:00 – 17:40.
Venue: Assembly hall (room N 64), Saint Petersburg State University, 22nd Line of Vasilyevskyisland, 7.
The event is free and open to all that are interested in research and teaching of Chinese law to non-Chinese students.
The full program and list of speakers can be found in the conference programme.
For all inquiries please contact the Organizing Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Conference:
The Conference aims to create a platform for discussing and sharing ideas on the issues of Chinese law research and teaching in foreign universities, and to establish cooperation between specialists in relevant fields of Chinese law. The presentations focus on:
- Defining the concept and the object of legal research.
- Criteria for good legal research.
- The role of practice in teaching and researching Chinese Law.
- The contributions of comparative law to teaching and researching Chinese Law.
- The interpretation of legal sources.
- The use of interdisciplinary methods.
- Quantitative empirical approaches to researching Chinese Law.
- Building the syllabus for teaching different branches of Chinese Law.