- browse and search the material
- copy, print or save search results and individual articles in reasonable amounts for your personal use in study, teaching or research
- share individual articles with a third party for purposes of scientific research and communication
- incorporate links to e-resources in electronic course materials used in teaching at the University of Helsinki
You may not
- use the material or parts thereof for commercial purposes
- distribute, sell or modify the material or make derivative works of it
- systematically download material by robots or other automatic processes
Log out of the e-book or database if you don’t need it anymore. Sometimes e-resources have licenses that allow only a limited number of users at a time.
Remote access to e-materials
You can use the Helsinki University Library books, articles and journals remotely via Helka with your University of Helsinki username. When you have found the material you want, click on the link to the material in Helka.
If a window opens requesting you to log in to the University of Helsinki, enter your username and password to access the material.
You may find a book or article in the collections of the Helsinki University Library elsewhere online, but the material may not open without authentication with the university user account.
In Helka, you can also remotely access databases acquired by the library, such as Scopus and Web of Science.
Alternatively, you can remotely access the Helsinki University Library data using a VPN connection.
Watch a video of the remote use of Helsinki University Library materials. Duration of video 4 min 8 sec. The video is in Finnish, but you can switch on English subtitles in the settings at the bottom.